Workshop on Best practices of Climate Change Adaptation in the Wadden Sea Region
Target group: professionals, policy makers and managers in the fields of nature conservation, spatial planning and coastal risk management.
Goals of the workshop / Why you should come:
- Meet other experts working on the Wadden Sea and enhance your (trilateral) network,
- Get to know about interesting projects in the Wadden Sea,
- Discover how other countries are dealing with similar challenges,
- Get informed on the trilateral climate adaptation strategy and see how you can
- innovative coastal defence,
- dune management,
- water management,
- coastal habitat restoration, and
- integrated coastal management and planning.
All projects are either completed or in advanced planning stage.
An excursion to the salt marsh restoration site “Langwarder Groden” near Wilhelmshaven is planned for the second day of the workshop.
There are still a few places available for the workshop. For the excursion we have already reached the maximum number of participants.