“Innovation in Maritime Education and Training”
Speicher XI, Bremen, Germany
21 June 2012, 09:00 – 15:00
The NMU Network Conference will bring together educational institutions and industry members with the central objective of establishing a sustainable collaboration between them to enhance the innovation capacity of maritime sector. The conference run two sessions as well as a panel discussion. This free-to-attend event will focus on:
Competence development for academics and the maritime industry
Enhancing the attractiveness of careers in the maritime industry
Keynote Speakers at the conference include:
- Giovanni Mendola, Maritime Safety Unit at the European Commission DG Transport
- Max Johns, Managing Director of the German Shipowners Association
- Miaojia Liu, Chief Education Officer at BIMCO
- Rory McGuire, Irish Maritime Development Office
- Gordon Wilmsmeier, Economic Affairs Officer, UN Economic Commissions for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Kevin Cullinane, Director of the Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University
- Harald M. Hjelle, University College Molde
- Gavin Roser, Pantrak Transportation Ltd.
The conference is moderated by Thomas Pawlik of Bremen University of Applied Sciences and by Jens Froese of Jacobs University Bremen.
- For the preliminary conference programme, please click here.
- For NMU conference registration, please click here.
- For Information on conference venue, hotels and public transportation, please click here.
We look forward to welcome you at the NMU conference!